Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Monday, November 22, 2010

My 2.64 Shopping Trip


This was 2 small trips to two of my local grocery stores.
I had a good time with my little man. He got to help me by holding the basket while I bagged up the broccoli at Shaws. He usually tries to get me to use one of those shopping carts with the car attatched to it. I am not a fan of those at all. Who know's what kind of germs are making a home inside those things, especially this time of year. LOL. At Roche Bros I let Mr J push the little mini shopping cart around the store, seeing that I only had to get the Jello and Sour Cream. He had a blast. Although he almost took out a few of the older ladies but they all thought he was the cutest thing. On the way out of store and passing the Bell Ringer for the Salvation Army, Mr J asked me why she was ringing the bell. So we had a little lesson in giving and how some people in the world do not have enough money to get the things they need like food, clothing, medicine, etc. I told him the Bell Ringer collects money so that those people can get all the things they need. He then looked at me with a big grin and says "And so they can go to the restaurants too". To be young again LOL.



Trip 1. SHAWS
2 Land O Lakes Butter 9.98 (SALE 5.00)
1 1/2 lbs of Fresh Broccoli 3.40 (SALE 1.69)
2 Idahoan Potato Pouches 2.98 (SALE 2.00)
Total After Sale Price: 8.69
Coupons:
(2) .55/1 Land O Lakes Butter *DOUBLED* -2.20
(2) FREE Idahoan Potato Pouches -2.00
3.00 OFF on Your Next Shopping Trip ** CAT** (Catalina Coupon) -3.00
Total After Sale and Coupons: 1.49

My Cent's-ational Savings for this trip is: 14.87

*Shaws DOUBLES Manufacturer Coupons up to .99. What this means is that if you have a coupon that is for .55/1 Shaws will double it, making it 1.10/1. They will double any value coupon under 1.00/1*

**CAT (Catalina Coupon). This is a coupon that comes out of a machine next where your reciept prints. Sometimes you randomly get coupons for different items or you can get coupons for example 5.00 OFF 50.00 purchase type coupons. Other times there are specials running from different companies. If you buy 3 or more of 1 type of item you can recieve 2.00 off your next order coupon. This coupon can be used on ANYTHING in the store as long as your total is over the value of the coupon. I will explain more in detail when the next deal comes up**



Trip 2. Roche Bros.
2 Hood Sour Cream 4.00 (SALE 2.00)
3 Jello Chocolate Pudding Boxes 2.97 (SALE 2.25)
Total after Sale Price: 4.25
Coupons:
(2)1.00/1 Hood Sour Cream -2.00
.55/3 Jello Pudding/Gelatin *DOUBLED* -1.10
Total after Sale and Coupons: 1.15

My Cent's-ational Savings for this trip is: 5.82

So Grand Total OOP (Out of Pocket) = 2.64
With a Savings of 20.69
I saved more than I spent...now that is Cent's-ational Shopping!





0 comments:

Post a Comment