Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Friday, December 17, 2010

Cut my Car Insurance Yearly Premium in HALF


Not only do I save a TON by using coupons at the Grocery Stores and Drug Stores and by ONLY shopping online when I have great discount codes or when FREE Shipping is offered, but I also SAVE by reducing my utility bills and monthly bills.

HOW???

Did you know that you can call your local cable company/phone company and find out if they offer any loyalty discounts or possibly telling them that you are unable to pay the current amount you are being charged and maybe you might be lucky enough that they offer you some discount on your monthly bill. I have done this with Verizon. We use Verizon for EVERYTHING. Our Family Plan cell phones, our Fios TV, Fios Internet and our home phone. We get a discount for having a bundle package. We get a discount for having it all on one-bill. We got a promotional rate when we first signed up, but that has expired. I decided to call Verizon and find out if I cancelled our home phone from our Bundle Package, if I would save money. Well it would have only saved me $10.00 after cancelling the home phone cause it was already discounted due to the Bundle Package, but I was lucky enough that they offered me a $20.00/month Loyalty Discount. They even told me to call back after a year when it expires to ask for it again.

A few months later I asked Hubby to call Verizon Wireless, cause we were barely using any of the monthly minutes we had on our plan. It was crazy to be paying for something we never use. So after talking to the CS Rep, we were able to reduce our monthly minutes to a reasonable amount for us and get $10.00/month off our bill.

Then just a few weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from BJ's Wholesale Club (I am a member) and Liberty Mutual Insurance. They were offering me a lower yearly premium and 5% discount (for being a BJ's member) on my car insurance. I have been wanting to try to get some quotes on new car insurance, cause I was paying just too much. So I called today. After going through all the personal information, car information and insurance coverage questions, I was given my qoute.

$441.00 a year.
WHAT???
I was in shock...I currently pay $877.00 a year using my current insurance company. I couldnt believe it. That is a savings of almost 50%

**Just yet another reason why I LOVE BJ's. This savings on my car insurance has paid for my BJ's membership over and over again**

So let me break this down for you in a simpler form...just by making a few phone calls, 20 minutes out of my personal time..I have saved a grand total of

$796.00
a Year on my Monthly Utility Bills

0 comments:

Post a Comment