Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bar-B-Q & Brown Sugar Pulled Pork

Bar-B-Q & Brown Sugar Pulled Pork




I am LOVING my new Slow Cooker. Not only because I got it for a Cent's-ational price of just $9.97, I love how well it works. I decided to make a new recipe today to try out the new slow cooker. I went to my local grocery store yesterday to pick up a few FREE after coupon items and I found a couple of small Pork Roasts for a good price.

Recipe:
(2) 2lb Pork Roast or 1 4lb Pork Roast
1 Medium Size Whole Onion thinly sliced
1 1/2 Cups of Water
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
4 tbs of Apple Juice
1 Bottle of your Favorite Barbecue Sauce

4-6 qt Slow Cooker (Crockpot)

Mix Together:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar, 1 tsp of Salt, 1/2 tsp Pepper, 1/4 tsp Cinnamon and 4 tbs of Apple Juice. This will be the glaze for your Roasts.

Directions:
Slice up Onion and place on the bottom of the Slow Cooker. Put your Pork Roast(s) on top of the onions. Add 1 1/2 Cup of Water. Then put your glaze on the Pork Roast on all sides. Turn slow cooker on High and Cook for 5 1/2 hours Flipping them halfway through. Drain the liquid out of the slow cooker. Pull apart the Pork and add your bottle of Barbecue Sauce to the pork and mix. Continue to cook on High for 1 1/2 hours.

Put on your favorite Rolls for a great Pulled Pork Sandwich. You can add cheese to jazz it up.





0 comments:

Post a Comment